Climate Week NYC is here – and it’s big. In fact, with over 400 events taking place across New York City and virtually, it’s the largest event of its kind in the world. Over the next week, thousands will gather in person and online to drive the transition, speed up progress, and champion changes to halve carbon emissions by 2030 and get on the path to net-zero by 2050.
This year’s theme – We Can. We Will. – reflects determination, focus, but also a hopeful promise, and a call to action to do it together. It touches upon the action we need to take now, but also the need to look ahead and explore new opportunities. And of course, the best way to galvanize action is to work together, support each other, and build solutions that work for all.
Read More Blogs about Climate Change
- All thru Climate Week, the Climate Clock, will be out in the streets, installed in key venues (like the Hub Live) and in the hands of leading spokespeople – come check out the clock lending library we’ll be operating from the back of an EV.
- On Sunday Sept 17, they marching in the huge March to End Fossil Fuels in the March for Science contingent, and a clock might make it on to the stage at the rally.
- Then on Monday, September 18th at 7pm Andrew be at this incredible line up of speakers at The New York Society for Ethical Culture with my Climate Reality Book Club co-panelist Monica Weiss. Come ready to participate in transformative conversations with deep thinkers and artists under the theme a “Better World Is Possible” (FYI - the livestream is accessible for free, the in-person event is ticketed).
- Clocks will also be present on Wednesday, September 20th at the UN Climate Ambition Summit.
- Finally a Climate Clock will make it on stage on Saturday Sept 23 at the Global Citizen Concert.
This year, Climate Week NYC takes place September 17-24, 2023. The event takes place every year in partnership with the United Nations General Assembly and is run in coordination with the United Nations and the City of New York.
You can browse a complete list of events here – most speaking and panel events are also available virtually, so you can get involved regardless of your location or time zone!