We want to direct you to the right website. Please tell us where you live.
(This is a one-time message unless you reset your location.)
‣ Soil Science for Gardeners is an easy-to-read, practical guide to the science behind a healthy soil ecosystem and thriving plants. The book debunks common myths, explains soil science basics, and provides the reader with the knowledge to create a personalized soil fertility improvement program for better plants.
‣ A food forest is a productive landscape developed around a mix of trees and perennials. Rooted in permaculture principles, this integrated approach to gardening incorporates a variety of plants such as fruit and nut trees, shrubs, vines, and perennial herbs and vegetables. Food forests can help increase biodiversity, protect valuable ...
‣ Permaculture is a way to apply ecological design principles to food, housing, and energy systems, making growing fruits, vegetables and livestock more productive and sustainable. The Permaculture Handbook is an illustrated guide to practical, small-scale permaculture with case studies of three successful farmsteads and market gardens.
‣ Human Permaculture is a forward-thinking guide that adapts permaculture principles for complete life redesign to align with the planet's available resources. Offering step-by-step instructions, it explores permaculture concepts, personal niches, efficient teamwork, and our vital links with the natural world.
‣ The Ever Curious Gardener is an irreverent romp through the natural science of plants. Ideal for gardeners moving beyond back-of-the-seed-pack planting, it digs into the science "behind the scenes" in the garden. Acclaimed gardener, scientist, and author Lee Reich offers insights and practical guidance on growing a much better garden.
‣ Your Indoor Herb Garden is a comprehensive guide to the techniques and equipment for successfully growing culinary and medicinal herbs indoors. Written by a Master Gardener with five decades of experience in herb growing, it also includes coverage of herb harvesting, use, and lore and history.
Print Book Unavailable
‣ Growing Conifers is a beautifully photographed, comprehensive guide for cultivating, gardening, and landscaping with conifers. It covers ecological benefits, science-based placement, cultivar descriptions and selection, growing requirements, landscape maintenance, and climate benefits of evergreens.