We want to direct you to the right website. Please tell us where you live.
(This is a one-time message unless you reset your location.)
Note about pre-ordering. When you pre-order this title your credit card will be charged the special pre-order price of $19.99 (plus shipping and taxes if applicable). It will be shipped when we receive the title in our warehouse. For an approximate date of when of when we expect it to arrive in our warehouse, please see Pub. Date below. This is an approximate date, which may shift if circumstances dictate.
The Artisan Herbalist
Making Teas, Tinctures, and Oils at Home
From urban apartments to wild countryside, The Artisan Herbalist is an easy-to-use guide that teaches you how to identify, grow, harvest, forage, and craft herbal allies into an assortment of useful health and wellness products. Through storytelling and step-by-step instruction, The Artisan Herbalist covers:
- The uses and benefits of 38 easy-to-find yet powerful herbs
- Harvesting from the wild, foraging in the city, and using store-bought herbs
- Growing herbs in small areas, balconies, and pots
- Principles, tips, techniques, and formulas to create teas and tinctures
- Infusing oils for the creation of salves, lotions, and balms
- Beneficial herb-based recipes
- Marketing and selling your products through a home-based business.
Whether you live in the city, suburbs, or countryside, take back control of your health and begin your journey toward independent self-care as a budding artisan herbalist.
Bevin Cohen is the owner of Small House Farm and an author, herbalist, gardener, seed saver, and educator. He offers workshops and lectures nationwide and serves on the boards of the International Herb Association, the Slow Food Ark of Taste Seed Bank, and the Community Seed Network. He lives in Sanford, Michigan.
A Successful Grower's Handbook for Small-Scale Organic Farming
Farming, Sustainability and the Return of the Local Economy
A Toolkit for Women Farmers
A Five-Step Process to Design and Develop Land