We want to direct you to the right website. Please tell us where you live.
(This is a one-time message unless you reset your location.)
Note about pre-ordering. When you pre-order this title your credit card will be charged the special pre-order price of $31.99 (plus shipping and taxes if applicable). It will be shipped when we receive the title in our warehouse. For an approximate date of when of when we expect it to arrive in our warehouse, please see Pub. Date below. This is an approximate date, which may shift if circumstances dictate.
The Berry Grower
Small Scale Organic Fruit Production in the 21st Century
The Berry Grower is an innovative guide for growing and marketing organic small fruits and berries that offers intelligent strategies and solutions for successful small-scale, non-chemical fruit production in the 21st century. Coverage includes:
- History, innovations, and 21st-century challenges in modern fruit farming
- Creating your own market farming reality
- Farm planning for efficiency and profitability
- Factoring in climate change, drought, and extreme weather
- Soil fertility, efficient weed management, and organic pest control
- Modern tools of the trade for efficiency · Harvesting, fruit handling, and packing
- Fruit profiles including raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, currants, gooseberries, figs, tomatoes, and more, including new cultivars
- Innovative marketing methods and thinking beyond fresh fruit with multi-product strategies to maximize profit
- Learn from other experts through interviews with successful growers and marketers from diverse areas around the USA.
From the market garden and small farm to the homestead and backyard, The Berry Grower is the essential guide for both new and aspiring organic small fruit growers and seasoned farmers looking to produce high-quality organic fruits and products for local markets and self-sufficiency.
Blake Cothron owns Peaceful Heritage Nursery, a 4-acre USDA Certified Organic research farm, orchard, and edible plant nursery. He shares his two decades of experience in organic agriculture and horticulture through magazine articles, public speaking engagements, and blogging. Blake lives with his wife and son in Kentucky.
How to Design and Build Swales, Dams, Ponds, and other Water Harvesting Systems
The Complete Guide to Milk, Meat, and More
What to Expect during Kidding Season
Design and Build a Low-Cost, Passive Solar Greenhouse