We want to direct you to the right website. Please tell us where you live.
(This is a one-time message unless you reset your location.)
New Title: Look at the Pub. Date below to see when this title is available.
Wild Plant Culture
A Guide to Restoring Edible and Medicinal Native Plant Communities
Integrating restoration practices, foraging, herbalism, rewilding, and permaculture, Wild Plant Culture is a comprehensive guide to the ecological restoration of native edible and medicinal plant communities in Eastern North America.
Blending science, practice, and traditional knowledge, it makes bold connections that are actionable, innovative, and ecologically imperative for repairing both degraded landscapes and our broken cultural relationship with nature. Coverage includes:
- Understanding and engaging in mutually beneficial human-plant connections
- Techniques for observing the land's existing and potential plant communities
- Baseline monitoring, site preparation, seeding, planting, and maintaining restored areas
- Botanical fieldwork restoration stories and examples
- Detailed profiles of 209 native plants and their uses.
Both a practical guide and an evocative read that will transport you deep into the natural landscape, Wild Plant Culture is an essential toolkit for gardeners, farmers, and ecological restoration practitioners, highlighting the important role humans play in tending and mending native plant communities.
Jared Rosenbaum is a botanist, native plant grower, ecological restoration practitioner, educator, blogger, author, and co-founder of Wild Ridge Plants, a native plant nursery and consulting business. He maintains an active blog at wildplantculture.com from his home in Alpha, New Jersey.