We want to direct you to the right website. Please tell us where you live.
(This is a one-time message unless you reset your location.)
Available in Print and Digital (eBook) formats.
Choose the format you need.
The Equity Leader’s Guide to Undoing Institutional Racism
Providing a roadmap to workplace and organizational change, Inside Out is packed with practical tools for working collectively towards racial justice and dismantling institutional racism.
This essential guide includes:
- An adaptive approach to moving race conversations forward with authenticity and genuine curiosity
- Concrete strategies to help unpack the painful legacies of power, privilege, and oppression
- A framework including awareness, knowledge, skills, and action/advocacy
- Key components for engaging effectively, calling people in, bridging the divide, identifying and addressing microaggressions, and guiding difficult interactions
- Critical cross-cultural skills for facilitators and leaders faced with fears, worries, conflicts, and concerns that surface in PoC and White participants
- Helpful suggestions for equity leaders trying to find their why and identify their foundational beliefs, as well as tips for practicing self-care to lessen burnout and fatigue
- How to establish an equity team and bring decision makers on board
- Checklists, discussion questions, recommended readings, best practices, and many other valuable resources.
Inside Out is written specifically for prospective leaders championing diversity, equity, and inclusion in their workplace. It is a must-read for anyone guiding the challenging work of becoming an anti-racist organization where no one's identity is a barrier to access or opportunity and everyone belongs.
Caprice D. Hollins is co-founder of Cultures Connecting, www.culturesconnecting.com, which provides DEIB consulting services to organizations. Caprice holds a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology and is co-author of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Strategies for Facilitating Conversations on Race. She lives in Seattle, Washington.
Choosing Work for a Sustainable Future
A Guide to Subverting The Machine
Igniting Passion and Purpose as an Elder
The Making of an Elder Culture
Reflections on the Future of America's Most Audacious Generation
A Manual for Effective Citizen Action