We want to direct you to the right website. Please tell us where you live.
(This is a one-time message unless you reset your location.)
Note about pre-ordering. When you pre-order this title your credit card will be charged the special pre-order price of $31.99 (plus shipping and taxes if applicable). It will be shipped when we receive the title in our warehouse. For an approximate date of when of when we expect it to arrive in our warehouse, please see Pub. Date below. This is an approximate date, which may shift if circumstances dictate.
The Two-Wheel Tractor Handbook
Small-Scale Equipment and Innovative Techniques for Boosting Productivity
More affordable than four-wheel tractors and infinitely more versatile than single- purpose power equipment such as rototillers, two-wheel tractors are an ideal solution for an astonishing array of garden, landscaping, and agricultural applications.
Two-wheel tractors are multifunctional, economical, practical, maneuverable, portable, and low impact. Yet choosing the equipment is only half of it, the other half is integrating the right machine and implements into your land-based enterprise and coupling it with innovative high-efficiency techniques. Coverage includes:
- Why you need a two-wheel tractor
- Two-wheel tractor essentials including tractor implement options and functions
- Equipment decision-making to suit your scale, context, enterprises, and budget
- Safety equipment, operation, and basic maintenance
- Innovative use strategies including micro-plowing, making permabeds, in situ mulching, compost-a-path design, crop guilds, scaling up, and diversified crop management
- How to start from scratch, clearing new land, scaling up your enterprises and more
- Case studies and rich examples from suburban landscaping to commercial market gardens from Europe to North America.
- "Pro-tips" and sidebars for rapidly elevating your skills.
The Two-Wheel Tractor Handbook shows small-scale growers how to leverage walk-behind tractors to maximize the productivity and profitability of their enterprises. This full-color, highly illustrated guide is a must-have tool for urban farmers, suburban gardeners, rural homesteaders, orchardists, landscapers, and market gardeners looking to boost production.
Zach Loeks is an educator, grower, permaculture designer, and edible ecosystem innovator. Director of the Ecosystem Solution Institute, he helps homes, farms, schools, and municipalities create more edible and diverse landscapes. He is the author of The Edible Ecosystem Solution and The Permaculture Market Garden. Zach lives on his farm in Ontario.
Stories of Race, Resilience and Farming
Permaculture for the Rest of Us
Abundant Living on Less than an Acre
A Toolkit for Setting Up a Successful Urban Farm
A Guide to Natural Beekeeping in Top Bar Hives
The Permaculture Market Garden
A visual guide to a profitable whole-systems farm business