We want to direct you to the right website. Please tell us where you live.
(This is a one-time message unless you reset your location.)
This eBook is available in PDF and EPUB formats.
Choose the preferred format for your device.
Life, Money and Illusion (PDF)
Living on Earth as if we want to stay
Life, Money and Illusion advocates change by shifting the dominant economic paradigm from growth to sustainability. Techniques include:
- Measuring progress with social and environmental indicators, along with economic ones
- Encouraging investment in community
- Practical changes such as full cost accounting, tax shifting and monetary reform
- Honoring the Golden Rule instead of the Rule of Gold
- Focusing more on living than on stuff.
An engaging and empowering vision of a future that celebrates humanity's extraordinary ability to adapt and evolve, Life, Money and Illusion will appeal to social activists, business people, students, environmentalists, financial planners, economists, parents, grandparents and anyone else with a stake in the future.
Mike Nickerson is a longtime environmental activist, popular educator and the author of three books on sustainability including Bakavi: Change the World I Want to Stay On and Planning For Seven Generations: Guideposts for a Sustainable Future. He is a founding member of the Green Party of Canada and helped draft the Canada Well-Being Measurement Act.