We want to direct you to the right website. Please tell us where you live.
(This is a one-time message unless you reset your location.)
This eBook is available in PDF and EPUB formats.
Choose the preferred format for your device.
The Complete Guide to Seed and Nut Oils (EPUB)
Growing, Foraging, and Pressing
The Complete Guide to Seed and Nut Oils is a comprehensive, beautifully illustrated and photographed, full-color guide to growing, foraging, and pressing nut and seed crops to produce high-quality oils for culinary and other uses. Coverage includes:
- A brief history of seed oil extraction
- Culinary and health benefits of home-pressed oils versus factory produced oils
- Presses and other equipment options for ease, cost, and convenience
- How-to for growing, harvesting, processing, and pressing nuts and seeds
- Profiles of over 40 nuts and seeds to grow, forage, or source including hempseed, flax, peanuts, sunflowers, walnuts, okra, and more.
- Oil processing, storage, and culinary and other uses
- Scaling up for community or small-scale commercial production.
Whether you want to produce oils for cooking, balms and salves, self-sufficiency and resiliency or for small-scale commercial or community production, The Complete Guide to Seed and Nut Oils is a one-stop shop to get you started.
Bevin Cohen is an herbalist, gardener, seed saver, educator, and author of The Artisan Herbalist. Owner of Small House Farm, he offers herbal products and oils as well as leading workshops and lectures nationwide on the benefits of living closer to the land. He lives in Sanford, Michigan.