We want to direct you to the right website. Please tell us where you live.
(This is a one-time message unless you reset your location.)
This eBook is available in PDF and EPUB formats.
Choose the preferred format for your device.
Homemade for Sale, Second Edition (EPUB)
How to Set Up and Market a Food Business from Your Home Kitchen
Follow your dream to launch a food business from your home and join the booming movement of food entrepreneurs.
Fully updated and expanded, Homemade for Sale, Second Edition is the authoritative guide to launching a successful food enterprise from your kitchen. It covers everything you need to get cooking for your customers, providing a clear road map to go from ideas and recipes to owning a food business. Contents includes:
- Product development and testing
- Understanding state cottage food and food freedom laws and advocacy
- Independently tested recipes for non-hazardous food products, including frostings
- Marketing and developing your niche
- Step-by-step guides for packaging, labeling, and creating displays
- Structuring and running your business while planning for the future
- Bookkeeping and financial management
- Managing liability, risk, and government regulations
- Avoiding burnout through self-care and time management
- Profiles of successful food entrepreneurs.
More people than ever are demanding real food made with real ingredients by real people, and you have the freedom to earn by starting a food business from home. No capital needed, just good recipes and enthusiasm, plus enough business know-how found in the pages of Homemade for Sale to be a success. Everything else is probably already in your kitchen. Best of all, you can start right now!
Lisa Kivirist is a nationally recognised speaker, writer, instructor, and co-author of 15 books, including award-winning ECOpreneuring, Homemade for Sale, and Farmstead Chef. Lisa teaches the best-selling online Udemy cottage food course. With John D. Ivanko, she runs the solar-powered Inn Serendipity B&B in Wisconsin.
John D. Ivanko is a nationally recognised speaker, writer, instructor, and co-author of 15 books, including award-winning ECOpreneuring, Homemade for Sale, and Farmstead Chef. John is also a photographer and the co-author of six award-winning multicultural children's books. With Lisa Kivirist, he runs the solar-powered Inn Serendipity B&B in Wisconsin.
Reclaiming Politics for the Common Good
Make Money, Change the World, Sleep Well at Night
A Survival Guide for Humanity