We want to direct you to the right website. Please tell us where you live.
(This is a one-time message unless you reset your location.)
Available as a ZIP file containing individual MP3 files.
Click here for more information.
The Edible Ecosystem Solution (Audiobook)
Growing Biodiversity in Your Backyard and Beyond
Humans have always thrived in rich, diverse, edible ecosystems. Yet most cities and suburbs are blanketed by lawns, ornamentals, and a lack of biodiversity, let alone anything edible. It is within these sterile landscapes that seeds of an edible ecosystem lie.
The Edible Ecosystem Solution is a comprehensive, practical guidebook that looks at underutilized spaces to reveal the many opportunities for landscape transformation that are both far-reaching and immediately beneficial and enjoyable. Contents include:
- Hundreds of full-color infographics, illustrations, and photographs that clearly outline the principles and concepts of edible landscape design and benefits
- How to get started with as little as 25 square feet of land
- How to transition a garden plot into a place of edible abundance and an edible biodiversity hot spot, living laboratory, and a source point for transitioning and transforming community and culture
- Choosing appropriate plants for insects, wildlife, and food production
- Scaling up and networking backyard edible ecosystems at the neighborhood level and beyond to build community food security and resilience.
The Edible Ecosystem Solution is for everyone with access to a bit of yard, a desire for food security, biodiversity, and a beautiful and resilient community, and for anyone who wants to reclaim humanity's place in a rich, abundant, edible ecosystem.
Zach Loeks is an award-winning educator, designer, author, consultant, and grower who specializes in Edible Ecosystem Design around the world. He is the director of the Ecosystem Solution Institute and author of The Permaculture Market Garden. He lives in Cobden, Ontario.