We want to direct you to the right website. Please tell us where you live.
(This is a one-time message unless you reset your location.)
Available as a ZIP file containing individual MP3 files.
Click here for more information.
Essential Green Roof Construction (Audiobook)
The Complete Step-by-Step Guide
Essential Green Roof Construction is a comprehensive, in-depth guide to building simple green roofs for houses and small buildings.
Packed with detailed photos, illustrations, case studies, and code compliance advice, it offers clear step-by-step instructions necessary to create your own living roof on a new build or as a retrofit. Coverage includes:
- The benefits of a green roof
- The basics of planning and design
- Assessing site conditions such as aspect, slope, and loads
- Navigating building codes and working with building officials
- Material options, including professional grade and economical or local alternatives
- Planting suggestions for different roof climates and conditions, including food production
- When to call on professionals to ensure safety and integrity
- Step-by-step guidance for safe roof installation and detailing
- Annual green roof maintenance.
Where common sense meets beauty — a green roof is a system of layers that work together to support plant life, insulate homes, and make the world a greener place.
Essential Green Roof Construction will give you the knowledge and confidence to install your own green roof.
Leslie Doyle is the owner of Restoration Gardens Inc., a green roof design and installation firm. She is an instructor, a certified LiveRoof Installer, and is an accredited Green Roof Professional by the Industry Association, Green Roofs for Healthy Cities. Leslie resides in Toronto, Ontario.
Essential Green Roof Construction audiobook companion PDF. Includes charts, graphs and photos from the book.